FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com
My Bird Performs: In the waiting room

« Home | Days of future present »

In the waiting room

My friend Mr. Butler directed my attention to some new developments in the Nike/Minor Threat debacle. In case anyone missed it, America's most tender-hearted shoe producer landed itself in hot water last week with a new ad for their Major Threat skateboarding tour that, to some, seemed strangely familiar. Behold:



Aaand behold:



On Monday, according to this article from the hipster gatekeepers at Pitchfork, Nike Skateboarding issued an apology and promised to pull all copies of the ad from its upcoming promotional tour.

Minor Threat - In My Eyes. Before he hit his stride fronting Fugazi, Ian MacKaye spent his days snarling straight edge anthems like this one. 80s hardcore isn't necessarily my area of expertise, but I'd be lying if I said this song didn't make me want to go out and hit some drunk people (or shoe company executives) with baseball bats, screaming (MacKaye-style) "Did you fucking GET IT?!" all the while.