FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com
My Bird Performs: The quietest shade of loud.

« Home | You can belittle every little voice that told you so. » | This just in! » | The dead of Manassas. » | Live @ Lollapalooza Day Two, August 5 » | Live @ Lollapalooza Day One, August 4 » | Gone Palooza-in' » | And they could float above the grass in circles if... » | Live @ Pitchfork Music Festival, July 29-30 » | Art Brut: Top of the Pops. » | Pitchfork Music Festival: Day Two Preview »

The quietest shade of loud.



A few things of note before we get to the music.

- Happy Football Christmas! Me? I'm asking for world peace, an Irish National Championship, and this poster:


- On a related note, I'll be in Atlanta this weekend to cheer Notre Dame to victory over the Ramblin' Wreck of Georgia Tech, so Saturday's update may not happen. This goes double if we lose; then, I plan to a) drink myself blind on Peach Schnapps and paint thinner, b) weep into Irish beer and dream of what might've been, or c) waking up face-deep in the lap of some accomodating southern belle.

Prediction: QB Reggie Ball and WR Calvin Johnson give our defense fits initially, but the Irish secondary tightens in the second half behind three Brady Quinn touchdown passes. Final score: Notre Dame 31, Georgia Tech 21.

- So, any other Warcraft types out there praising the heavens for the new linked Battlegrounds system? I mean, I'd always dreamt of living in Alterac Valley someday, but now, that dream is a blood- and snow-covered reality. In short, I'm not coming out until I hit Exalted. At this rate, my wolf and I will see you next week.


Ever notice how most house musicians look more like substitute teachers than dance wizards?

Bent - Waiting for You. Yet another band from the "should've heard about 'em earlier but didn't" pile, the duo of Simon Mills and Nails Tolliday has been charting the course of off-the-wall house since my freshman year of high school. Bent's new album, the soon-to-be-released Intercept!, has all the groove of classic Daft Punk and all the neurotic vocal tension of LCD Soundsystem. Basically, this sound please fans of IDM and "The O.C." alike. Intercept! arrives this September, courtesy of Godlike and Electric Records.

You know the drill by now: satisfy all of your Bent-related needs at their website, then make friends over at the pair's MySpace page.

check out my remix of Bent "Wataing For You"

www.myspace.com/fearoftigers

Post a Comment