FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com
My Bird Performs: Rainbows in the high desert air.

« Home | Build me up and tear me down. » | You will outshine. » | SKUNKBEAR'D! » | The movers and the shakers. » | We'll read Toby Keith and smoke some weed. » | Live @ The Bluebird: The Reverend Horton Heat, Sep... » | Psychobilly Freakout! (also, some reviews) » | These precious days. » | The quietest shade of loud. » | You can belittle every little voice that told you so. »

Rainbows in the high desert air.


I wrote a postcard yesterday. Here's what it said:

I'm standing in the post office, watching the leaves turn at the church across the street, and there's nowhere else I'd rather be right now. I hope you can say the same about whatever place you're in.

When I finished, this song came on my Walkman. I just thought I'd share.

Paul Simon - Hearts and Bones. Is Hearts and Bones the most underrated Paul Simon album? Probably. Was the $.50 I paid for the cassette version at an area Goodwill this weekend a complete steal? I think so. Is this, the title track to said album, a beautiful piece of music? Most definitely. Paul Simon knows how to write an autumnal song.

This latest mini-hiatus was caused by various weekend dalliances with two very honored guests. I'll be back to real updates later today.

Hear, hear. "Hearts and Bones" is one of those songs that really resonated with me - so much that in the weeks following my first listen I had to work it into mixtape after mixtape, so that my friends could hear it as they walked through the high desert air. Great song!

i am honored to be one of your honored guests. love you, beck

Hi,
today is a pretty much gray wheater, so after finished my job, I like to stay in my house. Whenever there is a day like this I prefer to sit on the cought, with internet or a travel catalogue, to dream about my next vacation and I would like a lot to make it an asia travel. Life over there is not so expensive, so I hope to stay in Asia 4 weeks or more and visit as many country as I can. And gosh I wanna eat a lot of chicken soup. What a delicacy!
Monica

Post a Comment