FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com
My Bird Performs: Wanted: A Juliana

« Home | Born in the U.S.A. » | You're looking happily deranged. » | ...is terrified. » | Deep in the heart of crazy » | In the waiting room » | Days of future present »

Wanted: A Juliana

I went to one of Barack Obama's town hall meetings in Pekin this afternoon. It was pretty boss, and I even got my question answered. I decided to go for the lob and ask about the upcoming Supreme Court replacement fight, since some of the questions were on topics (Haitian unrest, community block grants) that just didn't pack much of a punch answer-wise.. His answer was pretty safe, but that doesn't stop me from feeling like this summer's about to heat up.

Also, who's this handsome devil?



Now, the music:

The Lemonheads - Kitchen. From The Lemonheads' astounding 1992 release It's A Shame About Ray. This song doesn't really correspond to the post, but that doesn't stop it from sounding mighty fine. This is one of the tracks that's going on my upcoming biographical mix CD project. It has a certain swaggering romantic irresponsibility that seems to match my life pretty well (I think). When I play a montage of my college years in my mind, I think this song could be one of the accompanying tracks. Plus, Evan Dando is the dreamiest addled drug addict this side of The Viper Room. I'd hold his hand, in a completely hetero way.

Speaking of hetero, that pic of you and Obama looks damn fine my friend. DAMN FINE.

Yeah...good one Cole.

Post a Comment