FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com
My Bird Performs: Over and over.

« Home | Ready to be heartbroken. » | Oceanographer » | Beckenbauer? Beckenbauer! » | England, thou hast forsaken me. » | See our friends, see the sights, feel alright. » | since the plan broke up, I've been on the hunt for... » | You are my girl and you don't even know it. » | And how do you think Kool Keith feels? » | Yours ain’t the only way to feel. » | It's happy hour again. »

Over and over.



Things have fallen into a comfortable rut. I'm unremarkable once more.

I need to write a poem.

Also, Mike Hannemann owes me a Coke.



Patrick and Eugene - The Birds and the Bees. In this brave new world, I watch an unhealthy amount of television. Along the way, I see an even unhealthier amount of commercials. Sometimes, though, they're not so bad. Take, for example, the new spot for Volkswagen's relaunch of the Rabbit brand. What would normally be dismissed as a relatively unremarkable, if cheeky, attempt to jazz up an unremarkable, if cheeky, line of cars morphs into a winking ode to irresponsible merry-making with the simple inclusion of the track found above. Recorded in 2004 by British fusion duo Patrick and Eugene, the song, with its old timey vocals, plinky banjo, and mischevious trumpet/sax combo, has seen its fair share of duty in the commercial wars. To date, "The Birds and the Bees" has appeared in advertisements for Gordon's Gin, Payless Shoes, and now Volkswagen. Whether or not quirky pop music actually helps companies sell gin, shoes or cars, the song does make me want to strip to the waist and roll around in the grass. You know, for what that's worth.

Here's the ad, for those who haven't seen it, along with a couple of other amusing entries from (or, in the case of the second, on behalf of) everyone's favorite Führer-sponsored automobile company:

Rabbit:


Terror:


Stinky Chair:


Bollocks:


Pink Moon:


With those in mind, here are...these!

BONUS: Trio - Da Da Da I Don't Love You You Don't Love Me Aha Aha Aha. Like high school drama practice all over again. This one's gonna be stuck in our head for a while. Your welcome.

DOUBLE BONUS: Nick Drake - Pink Moon. Man... now that's wistful.

Haha. That Volkswagen Polo commercial was priceless. Though, I do think that it's false advertising. Oh those crazy Germans. :)

Miss ya!
Mandipants

Post a Comment