FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com
My Bird Performs: Are you a bug, Bill Murray?

« Home | I'm a backgammon man. » | Over and over. » | Ready to be heartbroken. » | Oceanographer » | Beckenbauer? Beckenbauer! » | England, thou hast forsaken me. » | See our friends, see the sights, feel alright. » | since the plan broke up, I've been on the hunt for... » | You are my girl and you don't even know it. » | And how do you think Kool Keith feels? »

Are you a bug, Bill Murray?



So, I'm trapped in Bloomington. Literally. My car is spectacularly broken, for no reason other than the fact that it's in league with demons. I had to rip the key out of the ignition, which is still technically turned on. Shifting gears is, at this point, only a lovely suggestion. In short: fuck.

Regular updates will resume whenever I can get back to Kokomo. As for today, we're going to take a trip into the bowels of a truly hateful place: Andy Butler's computer.



Arrah and the Ferns - Emo Philips. I suspect that Andy got this track from Drew, if only because a) it's in a folder marked "songs sent", suggesting that it's from a place most foreign, b) Arrah and the Ferns are from Muncie, which is Drew's current stomping ground, and c) the song is nothing like anything Butler would ever listen to on purpose. For some reason, when I think of music blogging, I think of songs like this: ironic, self-effacing, and yet full of a wistful sense of heart. From the obligatory MySpace references to the slightly melancholy, off-kilter female vocals, this is twee at its finest. Arrah and the Ferns are on Indiana's own Standard Recording Company. Their debut album, Evan is a Vegan, comes out July 22nd. For $9, you'd have to be pretty heinous not to check it out.